Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

How to create, find or order posts.

Moderator: Tom Supergan

Tom Supergan

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Post by Tom Supergan » Thu, Jul 05 2007 10:28 am

• How come I only see a few forums on the page, and no one's blog is showing up?
    You aren't logged in. All blogs are private and only logged in family members can see them.
  • How do I get registered so I can login?
    Click the "Register" link in the upper left of index page. Fill out the fields so the admin will know who you are. Once approved, make sure to update your profile, especially creating your own password, entering your location (city, state) and time zone.
  • Where do I update my profile information?
    Click the User Control Panel link in the upper right of the page.
    Then select Profile in the left side Options panel.
  • How do I start my own blog?
    (Blogs are only for family members.) Once the Site Admin has approved your user registration and created a forum for you, select that forum and click the "NewTopic" button on the left. Then type in the subject in the Subject box and your message below that. You can "Preview" your post to see what it will look like. Make sure to click the "Submit" button which posts that entry. You can still change your posts by clicking the "Edit" button at the bottom right of the post.
  • What does "Sticky" mean in front of topic names?
    The blog sorts topics depending on your settings. But "Announcements" and "Sticky" will always be listed at the top. That way, the moderator can be sure that topics you should read will be found at the top.
  • How do I find just the latest posts?
    That is important to know so you don't waste time looking through topics over and over to find anything new. You have several options to choose from, which are explained in the posts Finding Latest Posts and Changing Display Order of Posts.
  • How did I get here? I'm lost, how do I get out?
    Click on the Superman logo in the upper left of the page. This will cancel any operation you were in the middle of and take you back to the main index.
  • Any other tips on how to use this blog?
    Read the topics in the How To Use This Blog forum. There is also a more extensive board FAQ. The phpBB User's Guide isn't completely finished, but many sections are quite useful.